Ebola has been exported from the three main affected countries in West Africa to five other countries (Nigeria, Senegal, Spain, the USA and Mali). As long as case numbers in West Africa continue to grow exponentially, more exported cases can be expected.
- In less developed countries, whether in Africa or elsewhere, the weakness of health facilities and public health mean that imported cases pose a real risk of starting an epidemic.
- In developed countries, it is likely that health facilities will diagnose an Ebola patient relatively quickly and public health authorities will undertake rigorous contact tracing, thereby avoiding a widespread outbreak. Outbreaks were contained in this way in Nigeria and the United States.
How do you protect yourself against Ebola?
If you must travel to an area affected by the 2014 Ebola outbreak:
- Wash your hands frequently or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with the blood and body fluids of any person, particularly someone who is sick.
- Do not handle items that may have come in contact with an infected person’s blood or body fluids.
- Do not touch the body of someone who has died from Ebola.
- Do not touch bats and nonhuman primates (apes and monkeys) or their blood and fluids and do not touch or eat raw meat prepared from these animals.
- Avoid facilities in West Africa where Ebola patients are being treated. The U.S. Embassy or consulate is often able to provide advice on medical facilities.
- Seek medical care immediately if you develop fever, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain, or unexplained bruising or bleeding.
- Limit your contact with other people until and when you go to the doctor. Do not travel anywhere else besides a healthcare facility.
When it comes to picking cheap auto insurance, sometimes it’s just easiest to go with what your friends use, or the company whose commercial you’ve seen the most on TV lately. But that’s probably not the best idea. Like any business, insurance companies all have different rates, plus they can vary greatly in everything from their coverage to their office hours to the speed of their claims service. So, shopping around is essential to getting a good deal, and the proper coverage and service for you.
But don’t walk into the process blindly. You have to know what questions to ask when you’re shopping around, because not every agent you speak with will give you in-depth info on their coverage and all of your options. The good ones will do that, but the not-so-good agents will only cover the basics. It’s up to you to ask a wide range of questions so you can truly compare plans.
If you’re like most people, though, you’re not an expert and don’t even know what you need to know about insurance (how’s that for confusing?). Keeping the following list of 7 questions close by can keep you on track while researching insurance companies and will help you choose the policy that’s right for you. Here are some great auto insurance sites to help you get the best possible auto insurance rates for you.
There are shocking comparisons between gender and ethnicity equality in the current nursing profession. Topics are exposed such as modern pay inequality lack of cultural and gender diversity in the workplace, age representation in the profession, and changes in the nurse population over time according to the U.S. Census
Blogging plays an essential role in any content marketing strategy and is a seriously effective way of gaining more website traffic, leads and customers.
They help improve your search ranking and get your business seen on Google…
There are many factors that go into creating an effective blog post – but the good news is, we’ve created a FREE blogging toolkit to take the hassle out of it for you…
Click HERE to get your FREE Complete Blogging Toolkit http://info.
With all the communication channels available to us these days, how can a business decide the best way to deal with customer inquiries and requests? When it comes to customer service, studies show that people prefer to have a real conversation, with a real person, in real time. Voice calls remain the best way to provide the service your clients want.
A phone call provides the benefit of direct human contact and offers a chance for immediate clarification and confirmation on both sides, which helps cut down on miscommunications and misunderstandings. Using a VoIP solution to call your clients allows you to give them old-fashioned customer service in a 21st century way, at a substantial savings to your company. Checkout what methods of communications are trending and consumer behavior in the infographic below.